External Contributors Policy
Terms & conditions for freelancers, bloggers and contributors of user-generated content
- SCOPE AND COMMENCEMENT OF THESE TERMS
The following Terms relate to KigoSpaces.com owned by KigoSpaces (sole trader and separately referred to in these Terms as ‘the Owner’). These Terms set out both the Owner’s agreement with freelance contributors to its publications, and with external contributors to the Owner’s Site.
‘Material’ means any copyright work as set out in the copyright legislation and covers Material intended for publication as well background Materials which have been used directly or indirectly for Material intended for publication.
By submitting Material for publication, or by agreeing to prepare Material for publication or by using the Site you agree to be legally bound by these Terms which will take effect immediately. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms please do not access or contribute to the Site or offer your Material for publication.
VARIATION OF THESE TERMS
- These Terms will not be varied. If any Freelancer or external contributor is not happy with these Terms then they should not offer the owner any Material, nor accept a commission, nor post any comments on the Site including Blogs. Any Material posted or supplied to the owner for publication is deemed to have been supplied in full knowledge and acceptance of these Terms.
- The Owner may change these Terms at any time by posting the changes online and it is your responsibility to check them every time you: submit Material for publication, access the blog or forum areas of the Owner’s site or wish to make a comment. If any freelancer or blogger is not happy with these Terms then they should not offer us any Material or accept a commission from us. Any Material supplied to us for publication is deemed to have been supplied in full knowledge and acceptance of the most recent updated Terms as displayed on the owner’s site. Your continued or renewed use of the owner’s site after such changes are posted means you agree to be bound by these Terms as amended.
EXTERNAL CONTRIBUTIONS COVERED BY THESE TERMS
Material supplied by:
– The owner also considers and on occasion publishes Material which has been researched and written by ‘Bloggers’. A ‘Blogger’ means an external contributor, whether a person, Owner or other kind of body whose Material appears on the designated blog sections of the site owned by the Owner. These Terms similarly apply to all Material that Bloggers provide to the Owner whether commissioned or sent on spec.
Contributors of User-Generated Content
– The Owner wishes to encourage the broadest exchange of news and information to encourage stimulating, informative and above all intelligent debate about Project Management challenges. To ensure the debate flows freely, with only minimal intervention required by the Owner, access to and use of any forum by external contributors (including comments on blogs) hosted by The Owner and its associated site (together referred to as ‘the site’) is also subject to the following terms and conditions. Your non-commissioned self-generated Contributions to any area on the Site and any comments you post on content on the Site are called User-generated content or UGC (referred to as the ‘Contribution’). They are also commonly ‘social media’ or ‘participatory media’.
- D) FREELANCERS AND BLOGGERS: RIGHTS IN THE MATERIAL
It is very important for both parties that there is a clear understanding early on over who can exercise which rights in the Material. As is the case with other publishers, the Owner needs to have certain rights to allow it to make further use of the contents on its site.
Unless otherwise agreed, you retain copyright.
The reputation of the KigoSpace brand, in the UK is important. Anyone who supplies Material to site must ensure that their conduct and the Material they submit are ethical, legal and proper.
It is also a term of acceptance of your Material that you agree to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998.
WARRANTIES, INDEMNITIES AND LIABILITY
You warrant that the Material:
(a) is your own original work and that neither it, nor any exploitation or use which the Owner might make of it, will infringe any person’s rights, including but not limited to intellectual property, privacy, performance, data protection or any other right;
(b) is not defamatory of any person or entity; and
(c) is not likely to render you or the Owner in contempt of court or in breach of any criminal law.
You hereby agree to indemnify the Owner against all costs, claims, losses and liabilities incurred or suffered by the Owner as a result of any breach of your warranties or obligations under these Terms.
To the extent permissible in law, the Owner will not be liable for any loss including but not limited to the following (whether such losses are foreseen, known or otherwise) loss of data, loss of revenue or anticipated profit, loss of business, loss of opportunity, loss of goodwill or injury to reputation, losses suffered by third parties, any indirect, consequential or exemplary damages.
EXTERNAL CONTRIBUTORS /USER-GENERATED CONTENT
By submitting any Contribution to the Site you warrant that your Contribution is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to the Owner for all purposes and to grant the right and licence referred to above.
You warrant that:
Your Contribution is not defamatory and does not infringe any law or person’s rights; and
You have taken all possible care to ensure that your Contribution will not attract any complaint.
You indemnify the Owner against all damages, legal fees and others expenses that may be incurred by it as a result of any breach of warranty.
Contributions must be civil and tasteful.
The following are examples (but not an exhaustive list) of behaviour/action which is prohibited:-
- Anything abusive or threatening
- Material which is sexist, racist, homophobic, obscene or likely to harass or cause distress or be disruptive
- Multiple posting
You agree that should any Contribution by you be deemed, in the Owner’s sole judgment, to fall within these categories, or to be undesirable in any way for the good running of the Site or its reputation, or for any other reason, the Owner reserves the right to delete such Contribution and/ or to block any further Contributions by the email address or IP address that you have used to make such Contribution without notice or explanation
You must not reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example telephone number or home address). If you add a comment to a blog, be aware that your email and IP addresses will be traceable, and your user name and/or other images displayed on other sites such as Facebook may be displayed if, for example, your Contribution has been sent from your account on another social networking site.
You must be 18 to make any Contribution to the Site.
The Owner does not warrant that the functions contained in the Site will be uninterrupted or error free or that the server which makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
You agree to the Owner, at its sole discretion, publishing rewording or categorising Contributions, whether by means of ranking them according to their popularity or by any other criteria.
Any abusive comments should be reported firstname.lastname@example.org